Saturday, March 16, 2013

WOW! Update time!!

Howdy there! 
I can't believe it has been so long since I last posted anything.  I have been busy and new things and people are in my life... Not only is my job new, I feel like a new person.

To start, with my new job, I also cut my hair off.  I went from lovely ponytails to spiky hair in one cut. It has been an adjustment!  Side note: I am now growing out my hair as I just miss it too much.

I grew braver and I put myself out there.  I started dating again.  I went on a few dates that I thought were great... some that were okay and some that were "just get me out of here".  I have met a few men that I enjoyed time that I spent with, and a couple have become friends.  One has caught my attention long term, and I am now spending a lot of time with him and his adorable children.

Having children, age 17, 13 and 8 in your life is interesting.  The 17 year old is now living in a different province, and he is missed.  The 13 year old and I have have a few things in common and one is cooking.  He wants to be an Italian Chef and enjoys Italian food outings with me. I always tease him that once he is done becoming a red seal chef, that he and I are going to run off to Italy together to eat food, drink great wine and grow fat! I think he sees the humor in it all.  Little Missy is 8 and loves to swim.  We go swimming at least 3 out of 4 weekends! She is a princess and sure knows how to act like one! :)  Just when you think and resign yourself to not being a parent, life throws you a new plan.  I enjoy spending time together as a 'family".  We aren't quite there yet, however, we are making our way there.

You will all be interested in the guy.  He's an amazing man.  He gives his heart and all he has to his children.  He has included me into his busy and hectic life, making time for us to be alone together as well as with his kids.  He is 5 yrs older than me, is mature for his age, and yet can have fun. He is cute: taller than me (which isn't hard but I appreciate it), dirty blond hair, a goatee which I love, and is built.  Like a brick house. His hugs send me to the moon and I experience pure joy at his kiss.  I have never experienced such a balanced relationship in my life, a true give and take. A true love affair.

How's the new job? It's going great! I have had a lot of extra responsibility added to me over the past 5 or 6 months, which is fine with me.  I am hosting my first learning opportunity for my co-workers, as the billing expert.  I have grown so much in this area... learning tricks of the trade and all.  I have made some very valuable connections that I appreciate every day.  I love having clinic days, days when we  (my cardiologist and I) see patients all day.  I love being with my patients, using my skills and feeling useful.  I am learning to love the reception duties, however, I just hate making the mistakes that cause everyone so much trouble.

Book reviews.... They are coming, as I am constantly reading.  My new guy reads with me, and there is nothing like cuddling together while lost in our own books.  He does read what I suggest, which is a nice turn.

Well, that's part of the new me in a nutshell.  Time to run off and be a "step mom in training".

Life is what you make it.. get out there and just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment